Re: A New Vision

From: Jan de Koning (jan@dekoning.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 09 2002 - 09:36:29 EST

    At 09:16 AM 09/03/02 +0000, Jim Eisele wrote:

    >My first choice of discussion? The Hebrew word yom, translated day.

    According to many OTestament scholars "yom" can and may mean "time period"
    as well. It would not take away the difficulties many have with Gen.1-11,
    since that is not just history in modern sense of the word.
    Then one has to take into account as well the way old_Hebrews were thinking
    and hearing the Word, which is, due to living in another country, another
    culture, other "school"ing, totally different than our thinking and
    hearing. Consequently "truth" is different in Biblical context for them
    than what is in modern scientific (and consequently popular) thinking.

    Jan de K.