Re: Virgin Birth

From: Stuart d Kirkley (stucandu@lycos.com)
Date: Tue Feb 26 2002 - 15:23:45 EST

    I have been pondering this very question myself lately. I think if you look at it in a spiritual sense you can get a better understanding. Mary was a virgin, not just physically, but mentally and spiritually also. She held her consciousness pure and sinless, and it was her pure understanding of the nature of God and man, ie. her 'conception' of God as the Divine Parent and as man as the blessed child of God, wholly spiritual and pure in nature, which allowed her to gestate and bring forth the most holy person to ever tread on this earth. What occurred biologically is a mystery that can never be solved, but Mary's holy consciousness was so virginally pure and untainted that she became filled with the Holy Ghost to the point where a pure 'conception'of man's true sinless nature allowed her to become the human mother of a truly holy person.