RE: evolution and race

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2002 - 22:39:31 EST

    I agree that the issue is quite complex. Having grown up in an
    anti-evolutionary church in the pre-civil rights days in the South, I can
    assure everyone, that being against evolution doesn't preclude racism.
    There are some awful things said by W. A. Criswell in the late 50s. Rimmer
    was a racist by today's standards (I will stand and fight on this claim).
    Unfortunately, where and when I grew up, everyone was a racist including me,
    my family and all the congregation and the preacher. It is a true statement
    that the YECs are over the top on this issue--they ignore their own past.

    personal stories of struggle