RE: Old-Earth Creationism

From: Adrian Teo (ateo@whitworth.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 12:46:46 EST

    Gordon,

    Thanks for putting into words what I had in mind. There is a variety of OEC
    positions, and concievably, some may be quite consistent with the scientific
    evidence. Gaps are often referred to as transitionals only because people
    assume what they should be proving. Trends in the fossil record are very
    difficult to establish. Statistically, it is difficult to distinguish
    between a trend and random variation. SJ Gould makes a good case of this in
    his book Full House. Yes, I realized that Gould is committed to evolution,
    but his argument about variations vs trends need to be taken seriously even
    by evolutionists.

    Adrian.