Re: Genesis One and Concordism (was a lot of other things previously)

From: PHSEELY@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 18 2002 - 04:35:05 EST

    Jim wrote,

    << Gen 1:1 "God created the heavens and the earth." is taken by most scholars
    >today as either an introductory title or summary covering the entire
     creation >story down to 2:4

     Most, perhaps, but not all. And have scholars ever been wrong before? I
     haven't studied all the work of all the scholars. But could "God created
     the heavens and the earth" simply mean that God created the heavens and the
     earth? I don't want to disrespect scholarship, I just want to debate that
     notion. >>

    There is the other option I mentioned of God creating the raw material; but
    as complete functioning elements, I think the rest of the chapter disallows
    it.

    Paul