Re: Old-Earth Creationism

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2002 - 11:15:41 EST

    Gordon wrote: "I take OEC to mean anyone who believes in an old earth but
    denies common descent of all life from a primitive ancestor. "

    I think that's a better (yet still not complete) definition. The issue of
    monogenism vs polygenism also come into the picture, as well as whether
    (or not) God intervened at one or more points in the unfolding or created
    brand new life forms from scratch.

    The best complete set of definitions for all this I've run across (so
    far) is available on the web site of Loren Haarsma, and I recommend his
    classifications.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)