Re: Why methodological naturalism?

From: John W Burgeson (burgytwo@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 14:48:51 EST

    Loren wrote: "I know that many people (in some circles) are using the
    term
    "methodological naturalism." In my opinion, the term "methodological
    naturalism" is a mistake. If I need a name for the methods which
    scientists use to understand how the universe functions, I prefer the
    term, "scientific method."

    Interesting. Since I value your ideas a lot -- I'll be looking into the
    web reference you gave. Later today or tomorrow, unfortunately -- about
    out of spare time right now!

    Whether or not I agree (at this point I do not but I can learn), thanks
    for the contrary view.

    John Burgeson (Burgy)

    http://www.burgy.50megs.com
           (science/theology, quantum mechanics, baseball, ethics,
            humor, cars, God's intervention into natural causation, etc.)