Re: YEC and loss of faith

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 11:32:37 EST

    Walter Hicks wrote:

    > Moreover the attitude that any YEC has no
    > arguments in his favor come across as arrogance.

            Name two.

            Of course I can name one: If the Bible is an inerrant historical and
    scientific chronicle then its genealogies &c add up to an age for the earth of
    ~6000. But are there any other arguments that Christians who are knowledgeable
    about science need to take seriously. (I do not count "apparent age", which is
    simply a way of saying we have to fall back on the argument that I've already
    cited.)

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy