Re: YEC and loss of faith

From: Walter Hicks (wallyshoes@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Feb 11 2002 - 10:30:12 EST

    But my question is this: It is really an honest debate? Or is just an
    opportunity to convince the students that science must be accepted
    without skepticism and anything that disagrees with it must
    automatically be wrong?

    I've met at least one YEC who is highly educated in science and believes
    that the dominant attitude on this email list is sincere but
    inconsistent. He feels that what most here would call "god of the gaps"
    is simply the failure to admit that the "hard science" that is preached
    is, in fact, quite soft. Moreover the attitude that any YEC has no
    arguments in his favor come across as arrogance.

    I believe as most do on this site with respect to what is valid in
    science. However, IMHO anti-YEC is NOT the slam dunk that most people
    here make it out to be and that it would be good to get more feedback
    from the opposition.

    Walt

    --
    Walt Hicks <wallyshoes@mindspring.com>