RE: Common Sense Science

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 17:36:16 EST

    George wrote:

> [...]

    Since I am not often called 'generous' I will take all examples I can get.
    :-) My purpose was not really to critique Barnes but to inform Scott where
    who commonsense science was. One thing I left out of my post is that I
    looked for any references to young-earth creationism and I couldn't find it.
    Apparently commonsense science has no common desire to tell their readers
    where they are coming from

    > Barnes may have been a nice man (Glenn can speak to that) & he knew
    >classical mechanics and E&M. But his work on modern physics was worthless.

    Absolutely agree. That is why I always told Tom that he could only persuade
    me when he could build a cyclotron without reference to relativity. Barnes
    never could. I suspect that Barnes was a big reason Slusher got into that
    battle.

    personal stories of struggle