RE: Reply to Mortenson

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 10:51:13 EST

    Hi Michael,
    You wrote:

> [...]

    I will take exception to this criticism because I would submit that I have a
    wee bit more experience in dealing with young-earth creationists in ways
    that forces them to deal with me than you. My response was not intended as
    a point-by-point rebuttal of all his historical mistakes because that would
    miss entirely the point of engaging them. You will not change Mortenson, and
    most people won't give a flip about historical minutiae, but you might have
    a chance to change the hearts and minds of some of the listeners during the
    engagement. My reply was designed to show that Mortenson isn't dealing with
    the data in a way that they can undersand and the whole point of responding
    to his behavior was to show that he is sneaky and hypocritical which is
    something that the laity won't like. So, I would suggest that maybe I know
    more about what I am doing than you suggest. Afterall, they came after me
    only 3 weeks after I posted my critique of Mortenson's attrocious history.

    While you may very well do a better job at hitting the history, that won't
    convince the laity. And what is the point if it isn't to do that?

    personal stories of struggle