Re: Reply to Mortenson

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 17:25:24 EST

    Glenn's reply is not strong enough. Mortenson has made a number of serious
    historical errors and gives sweeping statements, and some misquotations. It
    seems to be written to encourage the faithful creationist rather than look
    at the issues carefully. He talks nonsense to claim his beloved "scriptural
    geologists" were competent geologically. They are laughable to read today
    and evangelical geologists like Sedgwick, Conybeare and Miller scorned them
    in the 1830s to 1850s.
    I know I have rapped Glenn's knuckles on his history before , but we are now
    dealing with someone who is distorting historical matters to justify an
    untenable position.