RE: The Star-Trek effect

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Fri Jan 25 2002 - 08:01:44 EST

    And that was the entire point of using Whewell because it isn't just the
    fundamentalists who tweak data. RTB, when it comes to anthropological
    issues, tweaks with the best of them. I chose an astronomical example
    because they would understand that tweaking and maybe therefore, I could
    prod them to look at what they are doing in anthropology.