vounteers still needed

From: Ted Davis (tdavis@messiah.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 22 2002 - 12:10:14 EST

    Thus far I have just enough volunteers (for interviews) for one of the two
    sections of my course (see my post Monday for details). This is very
    encouraging, and I am grateful to those who have responded. I still need
    another 15-20 volunteers, *and above all* I need volunteers to bring gender
    and disciplinary diversity: that is, I need women and biologists! More than
    half of my students are women, and almost 90% are biologists or
    environmental scientists; however my typical list of volunteers is more than
    90% male and about 90% physical sciences, engineering, and mathematics!

    If you are interested in volunteering, please do so regardless of your
    gender or discipline; but if you are female and/or in the biological
    sciences, I am especially eager to have you on my list!

    This does raise a question: where (exactly) *are* the biologists? I can't
    think of but a few on the listserve, and I am wondering what the reason is.

    Ted Davis