Re: P.J. Bowler book

From: Michael Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Sun Jan 13 2002 - 16:47:47 EST

    Steve,

    Thanks very much for your gracious (literally) response.

    To accept Barnes on the Fall is to reject even a semblance of an objective
    atonement. Ultimately Barnes minimises Sin unlike Barth etc., even though
    they have no historical Adam yet retain a strong atonement.

    > Yes, I would agree. Though I would say that there are two distinct
    positions
    > within this conflict position: a science replaces religion (e,g. Draper,
    > White etc.); and a religion replaces science (the extreme creationists).
    > develop this in my 'A typology for sciene and religion' <I>Evangelical
    > Quarterly</I> <b>LXXII</b> (1) (2000): 35-56.

    Can you send me a copy of this please and watch out for my paper in the EQ
    on Genesis and Geology in April.

    Regards from the frozen north of England

    Michael