Re: [NEWS] Press Release: Dembski attacks Pennock and MIT Press

From: Howard J. Van Till (hvantill@novagate.com)
Date: Wed Jan 09 2002 - 11:18:07 EST

    >From: "Steve Bishop" <stevebishop_uk@hotmail.com>

    > Though it should be pointed out that it was not Dembski making the
    > criticisms, but what Dembski perceived as the Darwinian establishment's
    > viewed theistic evolutionists. A subtle distinction but important
    > nonetheless!

    Steve,

    Although your distinction is technically correct, I don't find it to be
    substantive enough to get Dembski off the hook of responsibility for
    employing abusive rhetoric. The words are his own; he neither quotes from a
    named person nor provides any particular source that employs a comparably
    insulting tone of voice. Is there such a thing as a "Darwinian
    establishment" view? If so, is this the tone of voice "they" would use? Is
    Dembski being fair to presume that "they" would express themselves in this
    insulting manner? Is Dembski not responsible for the words of contempt that
    he places in the mouths of others?

    Howard Van Till