Re: a request for help

From: SteamDoc@aol.com
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 21:38:06 EST

    In a message dated 1/7/02 2:42:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
    SatTeacher@aol.com writes:

    > A friend asked me if I could suggest books or articles which discuss
    > Christianity and geology in a general way. He is a believer with a PhD. in
    > physics and wants to do some reading. Currently, he is teaching high
    > school
    > physics.

    One good book would be "The Biblical Flood: A Case Study of the Church's
    Response to Extrabiblical Evidence" by Davis Young. Centered around just one
    geologic issue, but it is educational in that it concentrates on the
    historical development of the church's interpretation of geological evidence
    (and Biblical evidence). And he makes good points about how non-scientific
    factors, such as theology and Biblical interpretation, are also important for
    a Christian to think clearly about when dealing with these issues.

    Dr. Allan H. Harvey, Boulder, Colorado | SteamDoc@aol.com
    "Any opinions expressed here are mine, and should not be
     attributed to my employer, my wife, or my cats"