Meaning of ID

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 29 2001 - 06:05:31 EST

    In a message dated 11/1/01 4:50:42 PM, bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com
    writes:

    << Design is a problematic word in this context. Certainly it is designed in
    the sense that God planned it and carried it out. However, intelligent
    design, as defined by the Discovery Institute et al., also conveys the
    implication that the design was implemented in a non-natural manner. >>

    Dave,

    Sorry for my delay in responding. I've been cleaning out old files and found
    yours. Intelligent design, as used by Bill Dembski and others does not imply
    non-natural implementation. ID is set over against _unintelligent design_.
    It is mostly those who oppose ID who imply that it is implemented in a
    non-natural manner.

    Regards,

    Bob