Re: Response to: What does the creation lack?

From: D. F. Siemens, Jr. (dfsiemensjr@juno.com)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 18:38:16 EST

    On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:55:08 -0700 (MST) gordon brown
    <gbrown@euclid.colorado.edu> writes:
    > On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Howard J. Van Till wrote:
    >
    > > In regard to events in our future, unpredictable
    > > options abound. Until these events in our future actually happen,
    > they are
    > > not knowable, not even, I believe, by God (unless God exercises
    > all such
    > > options by divine pre-determination).
    >
    > Such a view places the Creator in subjection to part of His
    > creation
    > (time).
    >
    > Gordon Brown

    Gordon,
    I think you're dead on. I think that Howard is confusing "knowing" with
    "causing." as well as imposing a temporal scenario onto the eternal
    deity. If his view is right, then we need to ask seriously what God was
    doing before he created the universe, and Augustine's facetious answer
    cannot be given. In brief, the view leads to incoherence.
    Dave