God acting in creation

From: RDehaan237@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 04:42:11 EST

    In a message dated 10/29/01 7:41:56 AM, gmurphy@raex.com writes:

    << The idea that God influences the direction of evolution at the quantum
    level does differ from the idea of intervention at the classical level. >>

    George,

    A long time ago you wrote the above note. It seems to me that it makes
    little difference if we posit that God intervenes at the quantum level, or
    the classical level, or that he rides in on the wings of a storm. All of
    these are part of the natural order. The interface between God and creation,
    no matter how small or how great, is still _terra incognito_, isn't it? In
    that regard it seems to me that constantly acting providence is as hard to
    explain in scientific terms as is the miracle of turning water into wine.

    So what is the advantage of a quantum level explanation?

    Bob