Re: staged developmental creation

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 16:27:45 EST

    The transition from protists through metazoans seems quite gradual, given the living intermediate stages represented by colonial choanoflagellates and the grades of organization occurring in poriferans. Likewise, within the Metazoa there is a gradient in organization from diploblastic to triploblastic, acoelomate to coelomate or pseudocoelomate, etc. I do not see a qualitative boundary at this point.

    My own view may be slightly intermediate in that I do not see an a priori need to rule out nor to require divine intervention within the process of physical creation. However, I do not see anything known about creation that seems to require such intervention, and the general pattern of God's action seems to minimize such actions. Contrast Biblical history with the apocryphal writings or tales of the saints, for example.

        Dr. David Campbell
        Old Seashells
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa

    Sent via the WebMail system at mail.davidson.alumlink.com