RE: Phil Johnson

From: Stephen J. Krogh (panterragroup@mindspring.com)
Date: Sat Sep 29 2001 - 17:59:50 EDT

    Watching only part of a "pop" science program, I would not expect to get a
    detailed definition. However, we are not free to define it as we wish. It
    only starts after biological reproduction begins. Reproduction was stated in
    the program, maybe you missed that episode.

     It seems that
    > whatever you observe in nature is a consequence of evolution.
    > That is pure
    > nonsense!!!

    Who suggested that? That is a straw man argument. Physics, Chemistry
    Geology, and Astronomy are not the consequece of evolution. You have it
    backwards. Evolution may be the result of these and not the driving force.
    Evolution is an explanation for why we see such a variety of life forms.
    Evolution is not an explanation of how life came from non life.

    Animals want to pass their genes. What the HELL does
    > a lion, for
    > instance, know about genes? Moorad

    Genes get passed on whether or not the lion is familiar with them
    familiarity with them. All the animals know is their instict to reproduce,
    thereby passing on their genes.