Re: Vernon's claim (2)

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 16:53:51 EDT

    Gordon,

    Thanks for the additional comments.

    It appears that one could now argue for the particular authority of the
    English KJV in that it achieves, (a) the centrality of the shortest
    chapter (Ps.117) - an outward appeal, invoking all to praise God, and
    (b) the centrality (in terms of verses) of a matching inward appeal,
    encouraging the soul to bless the Lord (Ps.103:1,2).

    With respect to Bruce Metzger, if the Lord has indicated his approval in
    this particular way (as he has, for example, in respect of Genesis 1:1
    and the Creator's name), then the opinions of generations of 'experts'
    are of little account for, clearly, they had no knowledge of these
    developments.

    Vernon

    http://www.otherbiblecode.com