Chicxlub?

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 09:14:47 EDT

            Can any of the geologically knowledgeable on the list tell me
    the best current estimates of the date of the Chicxlub event? I find
    references to "about" 64 and 65 million years ago but also have "67"
    rattling around in my head. I know geological dating isn't as precise
    as spectroscopy but what's the best guess?
            & a more trivial question: What's the preferred spelling? I
    find Chicxlub spelled thus, but also with an extra u, Chicxulub.

    Shalom,

    George

    George L. Murphy
    http://web.raex.com/~gmurphy/