Re: ASA List

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 14:26:47 EDT

    [Hammond]

      As a private LISTSERVE manager you are free to take any
    arbitrary action that you please. However, such actions
    simply serve to define the list.
      The subject of a "scientific proof of God" is de facto
    appropriate for a Sci-Rel discussion group. It is in fact the
    central object of Sci-Rel research in general.
      Secondly as I have published this material in a peer
    reviewed international academic journal, for you or anyone else
    to condemn it as inappropriate or incompetent, is prima facie,
    prejudicial, itself incompetent and obviously politically
    self-serving.
      Thirdly, after posting something, I only post responses to
    other posters, and all my posts have been within the guidelines
    for ASA posts. I don't interrupt or contribute to the
    discussion threads of others and I certainly don't engage in
    the type of scurrilous attacks that have been launched against
    me by other asa posters... such as the "Horror of Hammond"
    thread recently. Furthermore, my frequency of posting is far
    less than other members on the list... who don't like competition
    apparently.. especially competent Sci-rel competition. There
    motive it would seem is to simply eliminate the competion.
      Anyone on the list can simply killfile me, delete my posts
    or otherwise ignore me. Clearly that is not the issue.
      No, I think it is clear that there is nothing but profssional
    jealousy behind your letter and the pseudo complaints of others
    on the list. I gather that they, and especially you apparently,
    are eager to take some kind of action against me, a peer reviewed
    published author and qualified scientist obeying the rules. I
    think it would be quite apropos to see the ASA go on record as
    doing that. I think it would go a long way toward defining exactly
    who and what the ASA is and what their real intent and agenda
    actually is.
      I'm sorry, but given the actions of others and now you concerning
    freedom of competent and rule observant Sci-Rel posting on this open
    Sci-rel group, simple defense of decency allows no other reply.

    Sincerely yours, George Hammond

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below
    George Hammond, M.S. Physics