Re: The ASA List

From: Loren Haarsma (lhaarsma@calvin.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 09:32:33 EDT

    I recommend something like the following:

    1) Continue to support an unrestricted, unmoderated e-list.
    Once a week or so, post a "disclaimer" to the list saying that we maintain
    this list as a public service, any are welcome to join it, and the views
    can be widely varied.

    2) Start an e-mail list restricted to ASA members. I hope the
    signal-to-noise and courtesy would remain high on the restricted list.
    If not, moderate the list for a few weeks at a time.

    Loren Haarsma