Re: Gloree gloree halaluuulyaaa.... gloree gloreee halaluuulyaa

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Sep 17 2001 - 03:48:17 EDT

    Michael Roberts wrote:

    > Let's be sensible. No journal editor is going to tolerate someone asking for
    > a particular reviewer and thus I expect Phil hefner will send Hammond's
    > paper straight back without even loooking at it. Peer review is anonymous
    > though at times you can guess who the reviewer is.

    [Hammond]
      There is a problem with finding academically qualified reviewers for
    this paper. As I have often pointed out it requires:

    1. A professional expertise in Psychometry and Factor analysis.
    2. A PhD level expertise in Physics and General Relativity.
    3. A professional competency in Theology or Divinity.

    Fact is, there are only a handful of people in the entire world
    who have these qualifications, among them:

    Sir John Polkinghorne, PhD., F.R.S., Rev.D.
    Prof. Robert Elliot Pollack, PhD., Director CSSR Columbia U.

    I have already conducted a worldwide search for such people, and so
    far these are the only two people who I consider qualified to read
    the paper. There may be others, but certainly no ordinary rank and
    file member of the academic community is qualified.
      I have merely pointed this problem out to the editor.

    > A few corrections on John Polkinhorne ( who would refuse to touch this in a
    > very polite way) .

    [Hammond]
    With all due respect, we are not of the opinion that you speak
    for Sir John Polkingham, even though obviously, you are thoroughly
    assured that you do.

    > Polkinghorne was a student of Dirac's, was head of
    > Particle
    > > > Physics research at Oxford, (ACTUALLY CAMBRIDGE) was President of
    > Queen's College in London(CAMBRIDGE NOT LONDON)
    > > > is a memberFELLOW of the Royal Society and a Knight of the Order of the
    > British
    > > > Empire as well as being an Ordained MinisterPRIEST in the Anglican
    > Church.

    [Hammond]
    Thanks for the yeoman secretarial work in correcting this
    common knowledge trivia which I didn't think was even worth
    accurately typing since it is known to everyone as a matter
    of public record. Your two cents worth is appreciated.

    > Cant everyone ignore all this codswallop and let it be frozen out by
    > silence. Most asa stuff at present is simply deleted.

    [Hammond]
    I must admit that I simply delete 90% of all asa postings, as
    I'm sure most people do. Your posting certainly contains
    nothing that we don't already know... just another retailing
    of common knowledge.
      Fact of the matter is that you're professional credentials
    disallow you from even being privy to the question under discussion
    here.
      As for bending the rules, there are only two classes of people
    who are allowed to break the rules.. the good guys and the bad guys.
    Everybody else, such as you for instance, is required to strictly
    obey them.

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below
    George Hammond, M.S. Physics