Gloree gloree halaluuulyaaa.... gloree gloreee halaluuulyaa

From: George Hammond (ghammond@mediaone.net)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 23:54:06 EDT

    [Hammond]
      I was watching the Church service at the National Cathedral
    today in Washington... watching George Bush Sr. and Jr., Bill
    Clinton, Jimmy Carter, Gerald Ford, Bob Dole, Dick Gephart,
    Donald Rumsfeld, and hundreds of other of our nations leaders
    singing...

    "Gloree gloree halaluuulyaa..
    Gloree gloree halaluuulyaa..
    Gloree gloree halaluuulyaa..
    His truth is marching on...."

    Somehow, with a major attack by Third World forces underway,
    the words didn't seem to reverberate through the Cathedral
    the way they used to when I was a kid.
      I thought about the fact that all those airplane tickets
    from Boston to L.A. cost about a thousand dollars apiece, and
    how many of them were going on vacation to Palm Springs and Hawaii,
    and how all of them had good 5 and 6 figure jobs with Hi-Tech
    companies, Computers, Genetics, Financial companies. How many
    of them were visiting their kids or going to weddings.
      And I looked around at the people in that Cathedral, everyone
    of them brought there in air conditioned 2001 automobiles, how
    most of them lived in million dollar homes... the Clinton's just
    bought several million dollar homes.. Dick Cheney's income last
    year was $36-million dollars. I thought about the growing divide
    between the rich and the poor in the world.
      And then I thought about Christianity and how it's founded on
    the Crucifixion of a Third World person... a person from the Middle
    East... and how this attack was basically by non-Christian people..
    and the fact that most of the people in the Third World are non-
    Christian. And I thought about the joker in the Coffee Shop who
    said they should have put one of those planes through the Supreme
    Court... referring to the last election.
      Sure, the terrorists are antisemitic scum... everybody knows it..
    but they are also fools of history who don't even know what they
    are doing or what they ae playing with... fact is there are a couple
    of billion starving wretched non-christian Third World people out
    there... and not a few in the West and even the U.S. that don't have
    a high opinion of Bill Gates being worth %35-billion dollars... or
    the fact that there are 50-SUV's sitting in the local new car dealers
    lot with window sticker prices of $46,800 on them. Especially when
    they have to take buses and subways or ride bicycles. The average
    rent in Boston is now $1,500 a month, and rentals for houses are
    even higher. And there is no end of people who can afford it, and
    yet, a sea of people who can't afford it.
      So, while this "war" is apparently between criminals and law abiding
    people, we want to be careful... because it can quickly escalate into
    a war between the rich and the poor. And I detect a definite
    undercurrent of discontent about all the comfortable high paid
    people in the the U.S. Government these days who seem to be a heck of
    a lot better off than the average guy in this country.. to say nothing
    about the less than average guy.
      Christianity has always had the moral upper ground against the infidels
    in the Third World... but it may be less today than it was in the past.
    Antisemitism, the Holocaust, etc. is a very big black mark on Christianity.
    So is the history of Slavery for that matter. Oh sure, you can say it's
    the gridlock between Democracy and Communism that is killing the
    Third World people... but in the end, what they tend to look at is who's
    got the money.. who's getting rich off it. I see an awful lot of fat
    cats in the U.S. and well heeled Yuppies walking around. It seems
    like Hi-Tech and Computers, Genetics and the Stock Market is doing
    more to produce millionaires in the U.S. and Europe than anything else..
    it sure doesn't seem to be geared to liberating the third World from
    centuries of bondage in poverty.
      The U.S. during WWII demonstrated a will to save the World, but that
    resolve seems to have faded away in recent history... I think now, there
    has been a reminder that we will not be allowed to just sit here and
    make money..... that someone will remind us that we are part of the
    bigger picture and that we do have a global mission to fulfill, like it
    or not, and there can be no peace ultimately as long as 2/3's of the
    World lives in destitute poverty and subjugation.
     I have worked hard to produce a scientific proof of God which will help
    to ameliorate all of this Global discord, but as usual the press of
    human events is going to move forward first, and apparently we are
    witnessing it now. In the meantime, to sit and listen to "Gloree gloree
    halaluuuyaa" and listen to religious people debate how many words are in
    the Bible seems to simply underscore the liability of hypocracsy which
    is about to come crashing down around our ears like the World Trade
    Center.
      My scientific proof of God has been ridiculed and ignored from one
    end of the (Christian) Internet to the other. Pious Christian
    technocrats and stuff shirts have opposed me at every turn... what do
    you propose to do, wait for the Taliban to publish it?

    --
    Be sure to visit my website below
    George Hammond, M.S. Physics