Re: Ellen White, Price, and YEC

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2001 - 08:35:51 EDT

    I have been off-line for some weeks and so have not been able to take part
    previously in this discussion, although I have watched it with interest.

    The connection between YEC and Price is no figment of Ron Number's imagination.
    Whitcomb and Morris mention Price with approval (in particular Price's 1926
    "Evolutionary Geology and the New Catastrophism) on pages 184, 185, 189, and
    211of "The Genesis Flood.

    In "A History of Modern Creationism" Morris also wrote, while carefully
    distancing himself from SDA doctrine on eschatology, revelation and soteriology:

    "...they are closer to the truth than the "liberals" among the "mainstream"
    denominations. Although I never met George McCready Price, his tremendous breath
    of knowledge of science and Scripture,, his careful logic, and his beautiful
    writing style made aprofound impression on me... I did engage in a fruitful
    correspondence with him over a period of some 15 years... He was certainly far
    better educated, in the true sense, then 90% of the Ph.D's and Th.D's..."
    (p80-81)

    With respect to Number's book, Henry Morris wrote this endorsement for the dust
    jacket:

    "For those interested in the background of the modern revival of creationism,
    whether evolutionists creationists, this book is a rich mine of information and
    historical insights."

    YEC detractors of Numbers' book (such as Ken Ham) and those who attempt to deny
    the truth could do worse than ponder the writings of Henry Morris (at least on
    this subject).

    Jon