Re: Important creationist book/ RC Sproul

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2001 - 16:40:58 EDT

    The workbook accompanying Sproul's series on the attributes of God list Kelly, Johnson, and Behe under further reading. I do not know how carefully Sproul read any of them, as they contradict each other.

    Conventional geologists have recently suggested that the Grand Canyon may have formed in only a couple of million years or so. I don't remember a glacial lake being involved; perhaps there is confusion with the large glacial lake in Montana and adjacent areas, or with the pluvial lakes that formed during cooler, wetter glacial intervals. A coherent explanation of how a global flood would form the canyon is necessary to press the analogy. Digging out the canyon implies that the rock layers were already present, but there must be local concentration of flow to create a canyon, which is difficult to generate on an underwater plateau.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        46860 Hilton Dr #1113
        Lexington Park MD 20653 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com

    "That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa