New synthesis of science and religion

From: John (legacypr@lucernevalley.net)
Date: Sun Jun 24 2001 - 17:21:07 EDT

    David
    I can tell you are very much of a traditionalist, but there are no "facts,"
    only opinions in ethical philosophy. I can cite good reasons for the
    additions made, such as St. Paul talks about "decency" in 1 CO:14,
    immediately following Chapt 13, where he expounds upon faith, hope, and
    charity. Similarly, Plato writes extensively about "wisdom" in the context
    of beauty, truth, and goodness. It is perhaps a shortcoming on the part of
    the later commentaries that these significant insights were missed. In
    truth, all new progress is made through discovering new insights and
    relationships. I was hoping that the cohesive and orderly nature of this new
    system of virtues and values would be a reasonable validation, or at least
    warrant more serious consideration.
    Sincerely
    John

    Appetite/(+R) Aversion/(-R) Solicit/(+R) Submissive/(-R)
    Nostalgia/Worship Guilt/Blame Desire/Approval Worry/Concern
    Glory/Prudence Honor/Justice Dignity/Temperance Integrity/Fortitude
    Providence/Faith Liberty/Hope Civility/Charity Austerity/Decency
    Grace/Beauty Free-will/Truth Magnanim./Goodness Equanim./Wisdom
    Tranquil./Ecstasy Equality/Bliss Love/Joy Peace/Harmony