Re: Divine vs creaturely action

From: Terry M. Gray (grayt@lamar.colostate.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 10:37:44 EDT

    Burgy,

    What is wrong with the term "free agency"? It seems to cover the kind
    of action that we're talking about here ("breaking into the causal
    nexus of the universe"). The Westminster Confession describes three
    categories of secondary causes: necessary, free, or contigent. Sorry
    to be such a fuddy-duddy, but I'm reluctant to invent new terminology
    to deal with questions that have been around for awhile.

    TG

    --
    Fort Collins, Colorado  80523