Re: historicity of Darwin

From: M.B.Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 17:12:59 EDT

    Sorry I forgot to say that .
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "bivalve" <bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com>
    To: "American Scientific Affiliation" <asa@calvin.edu>
    Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 8:23 PM
    Subject: Re: historicity of Darwin

    > >I trust you all knew that Darwin never existed...
    > >Further the so-called works of Darwin are clearly derivative from
    previous ideas. His geology on the Beagle voyage has many echoes of Lyell's
    Princilpes of Geology and thus applying the rules some use for NT criticism
    could not be written by Darwin. In the Origin of Species and other works
    there are many unacknowledged references to earlier writers so cannot be by
    Darwin.<

    > Furthermore, many of his statements clearly address the interests of his
    later followers and so must have been antedated forgeries. I'm sure the
    Darwin Seminar threw those out too.

    > Dr. David Campbell
    > "Old Seashells"
    > Biology Department
    > Saint Mary's College of Maryland
    > 18952 E. Fisher Road
    > St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
    > bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com
    > Fax: 301 862-0996
    > "That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted
    Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at
    Droigate Spa