Re: historicity of Darwin

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 15:23:59 EDT

    >I trust you all knew that Darwin never existed...
    >Further the so-called works of Darwin are clearly derivative from previous ideas. His geology on the Beagle voyage has many echoes of Lyell's Princilpes of Geology and thus applying the rules some use for NT criticism could not be written by Darwin. In the Origin of Species and other works there are many unacknowledged references to earlier writers so cannot be by Darwin.<

    Furthermore, many of his statements clearly address the interests of his later followers and so must have been antedated forgeries. I'm sure the Darwin Seminar threw those out too.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com
        Fax: 301 862-0996
    "That is Uncle Joe, taken in the masonic regalia of a Grand Exalted Periwinkle of the Mystic Order of Whelks"-P.G. Wodehouse, Romance at Droigate Spa