Re: Question

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 00:31:04 EST

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:13:04 -0500 Tim Ikeda <tikeda@sprintmail.com>
writes:

> I've seen that web page. What you quote as a "statement made by
> Will Provine" appears to be a summary of notes from the debate.
> At least that's all I can infer from the information provided
> by the web page. If you have access to the actual recording or
> direct transcript, perhaps you could tell us if this is an
> actual quote. It's certainly possible that Will said something
> like this, but I think it's important to be clear about
> references.

I have the tape of the debate, but it's been a while since I've viewed
it. As I recall, Will was using Power Point overheads and projected what
I offered as his quote on the screen. Then he went through each point
and briefly discussed them.

If you, Tim (or anyone), would like to borrow the tape (Darwinism:
Science or Naturalistic Philosophy? The Debate Between William B.
Provine and Phillip E. Johnson at Berkeley, 1994), just let me know
off-line and send me your physical address. I just ask that you watch it
within two weeks of receipt and return it to me when finished.

Bill