Re: Question

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 10:36:01 EST

    The most explicit conclusions that I have heard drawn from the statement
    you are looking for are in the statement made by Will Provine during one
    of his debates with Phil Johnson:

    "The philosophical conclusions of Darwinism have been strongly supported
    by modern evolutionary biology: no gods, no purposes in nature, no life
    after death, no ultimate foundations for ethics, no ultimate meaning for
    life, no free will for humans."

    Will said that since we have no free will, then criminals should not be
    punished. His idea is that of a totally mechanistic universe. The quote
    above can be found at:

    http://www.arn.org/docs/guides/stan_gd1.htm

    Bill