Fair to John Weister

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 11:19:38 EST

    On Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:14:33 -0500 kbmill@ksu.edu (Keith B Miller)
    writes:

    > I would prefer that any future discussion of the
    > standards be based on what they actually state. In other words, if you
    > have not read them for yourself in there entirety I would urge you to
    make
    > no comment.

    I have now read them (with the exceptions noted below) and I still agree
    with John's assessment. I will respond to the details later, but may we
    invite John to also respond to your comments since what you have said
    about John is publicly archived for others to read? I would think we
    should extend to John the courtesy of his own reply.

    In the standards from the site you provided, I note that Appendices 2 and
    3 are missing. Appendix 2 is "Diagram Explanation of the Science
    Standards" which may not be important, but I would like to read Appendix
    3: "Scientific Thinking Processes" before I respond to your comments.
    Is Appendix 3 available on the Web, or can you make it available to us?

    Thanks!

    Bill