Re: More than TE in ASA

From: M.B.Roberts (topper@robertschirk.u-net.com)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 02:54:04 EST

    There is a serious perception problem here which also exists in Britain. Too
    many decide what someone else is saying by what they think they must be
    saying and not what they are saying.

    I have problems with some evangelicals who precieve because I accept
    evolution and worse am researching on Darwin and like his work I cannot
    believe in "biblical creation" and am on the way to be a wooly liberal who
    believes in nothing!
    Then there are those who think because I am an evangelical I have to be
    literalist, or like a silly Bishop (tautologous?) who asked me how I could
    be an evangelical and be a scientist. That was the present Bp of St David's
    in 1995. H enearly stopped publication of my tract on "Darwin and Genesis"
    in 1991 because he thought it was too conservative!!!

    Regards

    Michael