Re: Turkish YEC organization

From: Joel Duff (joelduff@nls.net)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 10:02:55 EST

    Keith,
    Thanks for passing this letter along to us. It is very interesting. One
    thing that struck me reading this is the strength of the language used and
    the first point made in the letter is especially interesting.

    >1. The Theory of Evolution has been nullified by scientific evidences
    >since the end of the 20th century. It is totally wrong to teach the theory
    >to young people at schools as a definite scientific fact. Scientific
    >views of scientists who reject Darwinism should also be taught at schools.

    If they really believe that the evolutionary theory has been "nullified by
    scientific evidences" then why don't they suggest that schools not even
    teach it. Aside from political expediency, stumping for equal time seems
    to be a cop out on their part. Equal time suggests that evolution is a
    plausible interpretation of the facts but here they suggest (and I've heard
    other say there is '"not a shred of evidence" for evolution) evolutionary
    theory is nullified. So why should they support equal time, why not no
    time for evolution at all? Of course, I realize that is the goal, but the
    push for equal time just makes little sense to me in light of the sames
    peoples resistance to compromise on any other issues.