Re: New Kansas Science Stds.

From: Bill Payne (bpayne15@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 13:06:51 EST

    On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 13:17:06 -0000 "M.B.Roberts"
    <topper@robertschirk.u-net.com> writes:

    > What do you mean by *all* of the data? Surely one cannot regard
    decrease of
    > the speed of light, moon dust, aledged problems with radiometric
    dating,
    > circular basic of the geological column as Data?

    No, I was thinking more along the lines of things evolutionary theory
    has, to date, not been able to touch: the origin of the universe, the
    origin of life, the origin of sexual from asexual reproduction, the
    origin of human consciousness, the failure of natural selection to
    explain the rise of information, the failure to mutations to explain the
    rise of complexity. We don't have all of the answers; we should state
    that fact clearlly instead of trying to hide it.

    Bill