Re: Eugenie Replies to Bill Demski

From: Blaine D. McArthur (blaine.mac@juno.com)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2001 - 00:16:11 EST

    Whoa! Did miss something here? For the past two or three years I have
    been focusing pretty much on learning the nuts and bolts (or bones and
    muscles) of Physical Anthropology, and have not really kept up with the
    broader theoretical side of things - particularly the "ID" thing. What
    exactly does Eugenie mean by ...."former antievolutionist Michael
    Denton..." I have "Theory in Crisis" in my collection, and the word
    former does not leap into my mind as I recall his arguments.

    Blaine McArthur

    On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 23:59:54 -0500 Dick Fischer
    <dickfischer@earthlink.net> writes:

    >Thought you all might be interested in Eugenie Scott's reply to Bill
    Demski:

    >evolution is a weak, unsubstantiated “theory in crisis”, to use former
    antievolutionist Michael Denton’s >phrase.

    "To be surprised, to wonder, is to begin to understand."
                                                     Jose Ortega y Gasset

    GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
    http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.