Not a Chance

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 10:28:21 EST

    I have not finished reading the book but hope to tackle it soon. The exact argument that I was wondering about claimed that it was contradictory for something to simply pop out of existence in one spot and pop in somewhere else, as there is no contineity. However, Sproul did say he could accept that as a description of what it looks like rather than the ultimate reality of the process. He seemed not too interested in the scientific issues but rather in the philosophical ones, so I suspect that the book is somewhat misused.

    This argument would seem to disprove the resurrection body of Christ, as well as seeming to be more common sense than based on an absolute. However, without reading the whole book, I cannot really assess it.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!