RE: Is the resurrection story a "vehicle" for reflecting divine/human relationships?

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 01:02:28 EST

    Burgy, in what fashion is it perjorative, to call an atheist, 'more
    atheistically inclined'? I was referring to atheists and I think you really
    understood it by the paragraph below. I wasn't referring to anyone of any
    religion when I wrote that. I would never say of anyone with religious
    beliefs that they are 'more atheistically inclined.' You read that wrong
    and read into it things I didn't write, imply or mean.

    >Third -- the fact that there exists an "entire literature" is well known
    >among
    >many people -- those who think and read, and those who seek confirmation
    >of
    >an a priori opinion that Christianity is bogus. I run into both kinds
    >on the Compuserve forums I've helped managed for the past seven years.

    The point of it Burgy, is that the literature is out there. Many of these
    people of whom you say'seek confirmation of an a priori opinion that
    Christianity is bogus' are former Christians. They certainly couldn't have
    started with an a priori bias. And since you understood who it is that is
    spreading such literature and ideas, I am a bit disapppointed in you for
    saying that I was calling religious people of any stripe, 'more
    atheistically inclined'. Atheists ARE more atheistically inclined and I
    stand by that!!!!!!!

    personal stories of struggle