FW: Is the resurrection story a "vehicle" for reflecting divine/human relatio...

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 09:40:37 EST

    Likewise this note didn't make it to the asa

    Why is it a silly comparison when their followers had a very similar
    communion service? Even if Osiris wasn't historical, it doesn't therefore
    mean that Osirian attributes couldn't be applied to a person who actually
    lived. We can dismiss the possibility as a 'silly' idea unworthy of
    consideration by civilized men and women but that doesn't actually answer
    the question--it avoids it. I am merely suggesting that we are not
    consistent in the way we are approaching those two stories at opposite ends
    of the Scripture. But if one prefers to simply dismiss the comparisons for
    whatever reason, so be it.

    As for me, I don't like the comparison either, but it is out there and my
    ignoring it won't make it go away any more then, when as a YEC, my ignoring
    the evidence of radioactive dating made the earth 6000 years old.

    personal stories of struggle