Re: Really Christian?

From: bivalve (bivalve@mail.davidson.alumlink.com)
Date: Fri Dec 29 2000 - 15:32:14 EST

    >Newton was no deist, but, as he denied the deity of Christ, he was not orthodox. As an example of his priorities, it is said that the volume of his theological notes exceed those of his scientific ones. How many of us can say the same?

    He seems to have made up for higher quantity with lower quality. As told by Bill Walker, every once in a while someone would take a look at his theological notes with eager anticipation, find them not worth while, and put them back on the library shelf for the next scholar.

    Maxwell's sense of humor, as well as his faith and scientific work, gave him some recognition. I have a copy of a parody of "Coming through the rye", transformed into a commentary on a physics problem on the transfer of momentum.

        Dr. David Campbell
        "Old Seashells"
        Biology Department
        Saint Mary's College of Maryland
        18952 E. Fisher Road
        St. Mary's City, MD 20686-3001 USA
        dcampbell@osprey.smcm.edu, 301 862-0372 Fax: 301 862-0996
    "Mollusks murmured 'Morning!'. And salmon chanted 'Evening!'."-Frank Muir, Oh My Word!