Re: Ethics of human space travel

From: Jonathan Clarke (jdac@alphalink.com.au)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 03:31:41 EST

    David

    Need there be an antithesis here? Surely power and authority are as
    much gifts as any material thing. Therefore we can use "blessing"
    provided we remember what this means. My concern with "mandate", even
    though it is valid and has a long tradition behind it, is the rather
    negative connotations it may have for many people: that of power without
    effectual responsibility.

    respectfully

    Jonathan