RE: paleoanthropology

From: Glenn Morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 16:12:46 EST

      -----Original Message-----
      From: asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu [mailto:asa-owner@lists.calvin.edu]On
    Behalf Of Blaine D. McArthur
      Sent: Wednesday, December 06, 2000 7:29 AM
      (Sorry Glenn, I just saw your response to Bjorn - I think this book is
    worth looking into, and I have found in my communication with numerous
    anthropologists that Tattersall is still quite respected in the
    Anthropological community - he is not the incompetent that Trinkhaus tried
    to make him out to be, and no more biased than most other anthropologists -
    anyone familiar with the discipline will realize that we are a rather biased

    I will still disagree on this. I have been told of the severe bias of
    Tattersall not by his enemies but by those who agree with his position and
    whom one would expect to give him support.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm
    personal stories of struggle