Re: Numerology

From: Vernon Jenkins (vernon.jenkins@virgin.net)
Date: Sun Oct 29 2000 - 15:24:57 EST

    Hi John:

    Thanks for this interesting posting. Just a few points:

    1) Having a King James' AV with numbered chapters I observe that central
    to the full complement of 1189 is Psalm 117 (the 595th), not Psalm 118
    as your friend believes. This fact - though spoiling his argument -
    raises another matter that we might well ponder viz, that the shortest
    chapter is also the central chapter. We further observe that its words,
    though few, get to the heart of things:

          O Praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him all ye people.
          For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth
          of the Lord endureth forever. Praise ye the Lord.

    2) 594 (the number of chapters which both precede and follow Psalm 117)
    is significant, for consider: (a) it is the difference between those
    mysterious numbers given in the Book of Revelation, 666 and 1260 (see
    Rv.12:6,14; 13:5,18 - noting the equalities 1260 days, 3 and a half
    years, and 42 months) and, (b) two sheets of A4 (standard and most
    popular paper size in most places outside North America) laid lengthwise
    end-to-end have a nominal length of 594 millimetres. These matters are
    detailed in my page

       http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/Remarkable.htm

    3) I would like to draw attention to another biblical mystery involving
    number. It concerns Psalm 46 as it is given in the King James' AV.
    Counting words from the beginning of the psalm we find the 46th to be
    "shake"; discarding the closing "Selah" and counting words backwards, we
    find the 46th to be "spear"; the final drafting and polishing of this
    Bible took place in 1610 - the year of Shakespeare's 46th birthday!!
    I have made available at the following URL an article (published in The
    Times of London, 23 April 1976) in which further details are given of
    this truly amazing coincidence:

          http://homepage.virgin.net/vernon.jenkins/Psalm46.htm

    With all good wishes,

    Vernon