RE: Formal letter of protest concerning Dembski's removal

From: glenn morton (glenn.morton@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Oct 25 2000 - 01:24:32 EDT

    I absolutely agree with what the Cranach Institute says about the quality of
    the conferences put on by the ID group. However, it always amazes me what
    Christians want to dismiss and do away with when one of our own is perceived
    to be harmed. The Cranach inst. wrote:

    > >There is nothing in what Dr. Dembski says in his press release
    > that is not
    > >protected by normal academic freedom, and further, while he may
    > be called to
    > >be "collegial" with other faculty, this can hardly be construed
    > to mean that
    > >he should be "nice" to those who have misrepresented his work or who have
    > >engaged in caricature.

    Whatever happened to the requirement that we follow the Golden Rule and be
    nice to our enemies? It seems to apply to everyone except in this case.
    There will be lots of defenses of Dembski over the next few weeks, but I
    really hope that we don't throw out the Christian virtues in that defense. I
    would point out to the Cranach Institute that Dembski by his own admission,
    engaged in a blatant case of disobeying his boss. When you do that you
    should be prepared to pay the consequences without squawking. I am blind
    copying the members of the Cranach Institute.

    glenn

    see http://www.flash.net/~mortongr/dmd.htm