Re: Meaning of "fine-tuning"

From: george murphy (gmurphy@raex.com)
Date: Tue Oct 24 2000 - 20:34:21 EDT

    Moorad Alexanian wrote:

    > George are you saying the Fall occurred less than One Billion B.C.?

            I guess I need for you to say more precisely what you mean by "the Fall"
    before I can answer this. If "the Fall" means the first sin of humanity then
    certainly it was later than 10^9 B.C. If it was the sin of any rational
    creature in the physical universe then my question just has to be rephrased:
    Wasn't there a net flow of heat from the regions of higher to regions of lower
    temperature in the fireball radiation detected by COBE rather than the other
    way?

    > The
    > mystery of how created man, creates math and theories that explain nature
    > will never be resolved except to say that nature and man are creations of
    > God. Perhaps the creativity of man is the remnant of being created in the
    > image of God the Creator. One can say no more than that and the
    > overwhelming number of articles that purport to explain that mystery is mere
    > fancy.

            No basic disagreement with you here, but I don't see why this implies
    anything like your previous statements to the effect that our laws of physics
    are _merely_ human constructions &
    that it's wrong to try to develop any theory of divine action - or so I
    understood them.

    Shalom,

    George